Friday, December 12, 2014

This is the first post in my NetBeans Python blog!


Earlier this second week of December, I spent twenty hours wading through the Python.* code in /contrib, and building NetBeans. Loooooong build.

Yesterday, I became Project Leader for the community-supported Python plugin for NetBeans, and spent the day (and night) creating the Python Project page at NetBeans and many other web documents to explain what we are trying to accomplish, with a target audience consisting (hopefully) of potential volunteers and contributors. My role as Project Leader is hands-on, meaning that in addition to enabling planning, communication and so on, I am also knee-deep in the code.

Books are helpful:
I am actively reading: The Definitive Guide to NetBeans Platform 7 (Heiko Böck)
 occasionally reading: The Definitive Guide to Jython (Josh Juneau et al)
infrequently glancing: The Definitive ANTLR 4 Reference (Terence Parr)

Why are they all "Definitive"?

More in a moment...