Monday, December 22, 2014

Push it, push it real good (Mercurial)

After struggling for a good chunk of the weekend, I finally was able to push my first changeset, which fixes the bug that caused the Python debugger to crash when you removed a breakpoint during a debugging session. Fixing the bug was fairly trivial, but pushing the change to the NetBeans repository took an obscene amount of time because the HgHowTo documentation was old (way before implementation of NetBeans IDE's "Team" menu), and (due to lack of knowledge) I somehow ended up trashing my local repo. Clone again, Obi-Wan...
But that's all behind me now, as I follow the (?) Salt-n-Pepa mantra: "fetch-before-push".

Here is the redacted log from my first commit - I am now a committer!

Mercurial Push
--------------
INFO Pushing To: <External Repository> - https://****:***@hg.netbeans.org/main/contrib ...
INFO Changesets to push:

changeset   : 18213:4afc82a328ce
tags        : tip
author      : Lou Dasaro 
date        : Mon Dec 22 03:59:38 CST 2014
summary     : #170078 - Patched Python debugger code to eliminate crash


pushing to https://******:***@hg.netbeans.org/main/contrib
searching for changes
remote: adding changesets
remote: adding manifests
remote: adding file changes
remote: added 1 changesets with 1 changes to 1 files
remote: notify: sending 1 subscribers 1 changes
INFO Pushed To: <External Repository> - https://***:***@hg.netbeans.org/main/contrib
INFO From:    C:\Users\Lu\Documents\NetBeansPlatform\main\contrib
INFO: End of Mercurial Push

No comments:

Post a Comment