Python Plugin for NetBeans IDE (8.1) on November 24, 2015 !
The plugin is available at http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/61688/python
It requires NetBeans IDE 8.1.
Note: This plugin is also available on the NetBeans Plugin Portal Update Center. Use 'Tools > Plugins' action from the NetBeans IDE 8.1 main menu for convenient installation of this plugin!
What's new in this version(Internal version 151118 )
- Greatly improved stability. Over 200 Bugzilla tickets resolved since December 2014.
- Rudimentary support for Web projects: html, js, css files within a Python project.
- Setuptools project type added (Linux, Solaris and Mac only).
- Improved handling of UTF-8 and other character sets.
- Includes bundled Jython 2.7 (Courtesy of Jython.org ).
- Some debugger bugs fixed; Replacement debugger planned.
- 8.1 verification PASSED!
Improved feature support is planned by the nbPython.org volunteers!
At the top of this list are Autocomplete/Code Completion, Refactoring, and the Debugger.
A big thank you to all involved in the production and final quality assurance of the plugin!
Especially Julien, Julio, Vincent, Ralph, and testers Gregory, Val, Serhii, and Tim.
Special thanks to our "Advisors" Geertjan and Jiří.
We still have work to do, but are encouraged by the progress made.